The Denver Broncos will be without running back Melvin Gordon on Sunday.
Gordon will not travel with the team for its Saturday road trip to New England, NFL Network’s Mike Giardi reports. Gordon, who was listed as questionable, has been effectively ruled out.
Mike Klis of 9News first reported the news.
The good news for the Broncos is that they will getting back RB Phillip Lindsay this Sunday. Lindsay, who hasn’t played since Week 1, was activated from injured reserve this week after recovering from a toe injury. Gordon has been a serviceable lead back for the Broncos in Lindsay’s absence; rushing for 281 yards with an average of 4.3 yards per carry and leading the team with four total touchdowns (three rushing, one receiving).
The Broncos have also ruled out tight end Noah Fant for Sunday. Fant was listed as questionable with an ankle injury.
In transactional news, the Broncos have released quarterback Blake Bortles and promoted defensive lineman Sylvester Williams in a correlating move. The Broncos also elevated running back Jeremy Cox from the practice squad to the active roster.
Here’s other injury and roster news we’re tracking on Saturday:
- Buffalo Bills tight end Dawson Knox (calf) has been officially ruled out of Monday’s game vs. the Chiefs. Cornerback Tre’Davious White (back), linebacker Matt Milano (pectoral), guard Quinton Spain (foot), and wide receiver John Brown (knee) are listed as questionable.
- Dallas Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Saturday that he’s “definitely encouraged” about the chances of linebacker Leighton Vander Esch returning to action on Monday night. Vander Esch was activated this week from injured reserve after fully recovering from a fractured collarbone suffered in Week 1.
- The Indianapolis Colts have activated defensive tackle Sheldon Day from injured reserve and is set to make his debut with the team on Sunday. In a corresponding move, the team waived DT Eli Ankou and released safety Ibraheim Campbell. The Colts also announced the signing of wide receiver Marcus Johnson to the active roster from the practice squad, and elevated guard Jake Eldrenkamp and WR DeMichael Harris from the practice squad.
- The Baltimore Ravens have placed defensive tackle Brandon Williams on the reserve/COVID list.
- The Cleveland Browns have elevated safety Elijah Benton to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have signed defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie to the active roster from the practice squad.