Labor Day is here and you can expect at least two things: Myriad sales and deals to help boost summer performance for brands and retailers, as well as (at least) a desire to spend your time off — if you got it — cooking up delicious meals. And if the latter’s on your mind, grilling might be, too. We’ve consulted experts on the best grilling accessories, the best grills and portable grills, the best smokers and the best grill-centric deals during Memorial Day and best grilling gifts for Father’s Day. Naturally, we’re now turning to the best grill sales and deals for Labor Day 2020. Some of these sales and deals are only around for a limited time. We will be updating this list regularly with new sales and deals to consider.
Best Labor Day sales on grills and grilling accessories
- AJ Madison is offering up to 50 percent off on built-in grills, side burners and more.
- Amazon is offering up to 20 percent off on Weber grills, including propane, gas and more grills.
- Appliances Connection is providing up to $750 off your purchase.
- Biolite is giving you up to 20 percent off select items.
- The Home Depot is giving you up to 41 percent off select grills including a charcoal grill and smoker bundle, a pellet grill and smoker and a combination grill and griddle from Lifesmart.
- Lowe’s is offering up to 15 percent off on select grills, including Napoleon, Royal Gourmet and Char-broil. We anticipate Lowe’s will expand their discounts closer to Labor Day weekend — stay tuned real-time updates.
- Macy’s is offering up to 20 percent off grills, including the George Foreman Grill and electric grills, plus additional 10 percent off using the discount code PREVIEW.
- Walmart is giving you rollback prices on various grills including stainless steel and charcoal grills from Royal Gourmet, smokers, charcoal and grilling accessories.
- Wayfair is offering up to 40 percent off grills, grilling accessories and other outdoor cookware during its Outdoor Cooking sale.
Best Labor Day sales on grills and grilling accessories
This highly-rated grill comes from Weber, considered a gold standard in grills by experts. The three-burner gas Spirit grill, which boasts a 4.6-star average from more than 3,500 reviewers at Wayfair, offers up enough cooking space for more than a dozen burgers, powered by 32,000-British Thermal Unit (BTU) burners. Its cast iron grates and compatibility with a rotisserie might make it a years-long companion to your grilled creations, and possibly a worthwhile investment.
This highly-rated and compact grill from Char-Broil gives you 240 square inches of cooking area. The portable grill is designed to accompany you on short trips — think weekend forays and (responsible) picnics at the park. A lid-mounted temperature gauge will help you keep track of your food and its legs will make it easier for you to find the best spot to drop it in. More than 270 reviewers on Amazon left this gas grill a 4.4-star average rating.
Let our news meet your inbox. The news and stories that matters, delivered weekday mornings.
The Weber Spirit II Propane Grill, which has a 4.7-star average rating from more than 1,500 reviewers on Amazon, sports porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates and a warming rack to toast buns or to keep food warm. Its folding side table and hooks also provide space for storage. You get two burners and a built-in thermometer in the lid.
If you’re looking to invest substantially in your grilling wares, consider this high-style, portable gas grill from TEC. Built-in infrared technology gives you quick-heating surfaces (the brand promises fully heated grates in 10 minutes) and built-in self-cleaning technology should shorten the post-meal work. You get 309 square inches of cooking surface, powered by 22,000-BTU burners.
This durable grill-and-smoker is bolstered by a 4.6-star average rating from more than 1,100 reviewers at Home Depot. The automatic hot rod ignition is designed to start up in under five minutes and the steel-coated cooking grates prevent meat from sticking to the grill. Though smoking meat takes longer than cooking on a gas grill, it brings out a “unique flavor profile in the meat that is unmatched,” as Javier Chavez, owner and executive chef of Kitchen Table and Kitchen Table Squared in Nevada previously told us.
Napoleon’s stainless steel natural gas grill with smoker boasts a 5-star average rating from 35 reviewers at Lowe’s. It also features four burners and 48,000 BTUs, allowing you to grill up your favorite meats and fish easily over the extended holiday weekend. This two-in-one grill kept function in mind: Wave-shaped cooking grids help prevent your food from falling through and you can use the grids to add sear marks to your entrees.
This Royal Gourmet grill offers both a liquid propane and charcoal option and comes equipped with three stainless steel burners operating at 8,500 BTUs. For convenience, the side tables on either end allow plenty of working space while you grill. There is a height-adjustable charcoal pan on the charcoal grill side that aids in controlling grill temperature. Over 1,200 Wayfair reviewers left it a 4.4-star average rating. Plus, there is a built-in bottle opener, so you can enjoy a refreshing beverage while cooking.
If you’re looking for a more compact grill to work with your space, you might want to consider Cuisinart’s Petit Gourmet Gas Grill. The 17-pound grill has collapsible legs making it easy to pack and set-up with ease, and has a 4.2-star average rating from nearly 740 Amazon reviewers. It features a porcelain-enameled cooking grate to ensure your food cooks evenly and a 5,500 BTU burner. The grill also features a drip tray to collect grease and hassle-free clean-up.
The Broil King S490 includes a large cooking space with a porcelain coated warming rack, side burner and rear rotisserie burner plus a stainless steel cooking system. It’s got a 4.2-star average rating from 83 reviewers on Amazon. “It’s quite affordable for a four-burner, stainless design with infrared technology,” Matt Moore, author of “Serial Griller,” previously told NBC News Shopping. “Plus, with the rotisserie kit and LED lighting, too — all the hits for nearly one-tenth of the luxury splurge (along with a ten-year warranty).”
More shopping guides and recommendations
- How air frying works and the best recipes
- Why I love my Instant Pot
- Expert shopping: Best kitchen knives
- The best digital thermometers for at-home use