Scanwell makes healthcare quick and easy. We’re starting by developing at-home medical tests with real-time results, for everyone.
Scanwell is a pioneer in at-home, smartphone-enabled diagnostics. We were the first to receive FDA-clearance for an at-home urine test to diagnose infections. Since then we’ve developed tests for chronic kidney disease, malaria, and now, COVID-19. Using the Scanwell app, people can test themselves from anywhere, skip the waiting room and get same-day results.
About this role
We want to make at-home medical testing available to everyone. To do so, we need to deliver the best user experience for people who use our products. We are looking for an experienced designer who will own the Scanwell design process for all of our products. This person will play a meaningful role in defining our visual identity, shaping the Scanwell user experience, and helping bring on additional designers as we scale the team.
We are a hybrid-remote team headquartered in Los Angeles, with outposts in Orange County and San Francisco. Occasional in-person meetings may be required.
- Own the design process end-to-end, and continuously iterate based on user feedback.
- Design user flows for our iOS and Android apps, following mobile design best practices.
- Deliver assets and specs ready for engineering.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team––thinking through solutions before features are built, and giving and receiving feedback.
- Openly share progress with the team through documentation of thought process, sharing updates, and demoing prototypes.
- At least 3 years of product/UX design experience
- Excellent proficiency with Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using Origami or similar tool for prototyping
- Experience working with engineering and product teams on mobile apps
- Able to deliver high quality work on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Bonus points for the following:
- Instructional design experience, or past experience working on interaction of physical and digital components
- Experience in web design
- Experience in packaging design
- Experience in illustration/motion design
- Design leadership experience