The global adoption for the favorite meme coin Dogecoin has the list on the Winklevoss-run market — Gemini. At precisely the same time, the token skyrocketed to another all-time high above $0.6 and it turned into the fourth-largest crypto, surpassing Ripple (XRP).
- CryptoPotato reported earlier now Dogecoin’s spectacular performance in this year, charting YTD gains of almost 10,000%.
- However, that was hours ago, which in the cryptocurrency and Dogecoin, particularly, planet, feels more like decades.
- At the point, DOGE’s latest album was just shy of $0. 50. Not just the Shiba Inu-inspired token broke above that amount at the subsequent hours, but it kept moving upwards to its newest all-time high of over $0.6.
- Despite retracing since then, Dogecoin still trades above $0. 50 and its market capitalization is close to $70 billion. )
- As a consequence the meme coin turned into the fourth-largest cryptocurrency by that metric. This meant that it surpassed Ripple (XRP), whose market cap is just over $60 billion.
- According to data from AssetDash, Dogecoin also entered the top 200 worldwide assets. After beating giants like BMW and MetLife, the token, which started as a joke, is currently also larger than the Intercontinental Exchange and Moody’s Corporation.
- The most recent cost surge came amid positive news from the US-based cryptocurrency exchange — Gemini. The trading venue headed by Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss declared that consumers can deposit DOGE tokens to the platform and trading should open soon.
- This is the second significant listing a day to get DOGE, following the addition on eToro earlier now.