The report highlights progress around the Organization’s dedication to caring for individuals, protecting the environment, and supplying responsibly sourced and sustainable products
Rosemont, IL (RestaurantNews.com) US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE: USFD) announced today the launch of the company’s 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report. The report highlights progress from the company’s ongoing commitment to caring for people, protecting the environment, and providing responsibly sourced and renewable products.
“I am proud of how our associates worked together to serve customers, communities and each other during the many challenges of 2020,” stated Chairman and CEO Pietro Satriano. “Despite the unprecedented year, we were able to make meaningful progress against our corporate social responsibility commitments. We look forward to continuing to advance our three pillars of people, planet and products in the year ahead and beyond.”
The Organization’s 2020 highlights because of its crucial CSR focus areas included:
- Instituted policies and procedures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 one of associates; launched playbooks specializing in helping restaurants sodas and recover safely.
- Donated nearly $43 million in food and supplies to food banks and charitable organizations throughout the country as they experienced increased need due to the impacts of COVID-19.
- Continued our commitment to improving diversity and inclusion efforts by enlarging Employee Resource Groups to the area and training 200 leaders to ease their particular Allyship and Anti-Racism workshops for corporate and frontline partners.
- 6.9% decrease because 2015 in gallons of gasoline used per case delivered. 1,2
- 7.3% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions because 2015. 2,3,4
- 13 million kWh of power created from six solar installations each year.
- Achieved 2020 responsibly sourced seafood target with 100% of the company’s Harbor Banks® brand fish portfolio currently fulfilling either Serve Good, or Progress Check criteria.
- More than 900 goods are now a part of the Serve Good® and Progress Check™ portfolio.
- More than 270 products are now a part of the Responsible Disposables portfolio.
Learn more from the US Foods 2020 CSR report here.
- Broadline business only.
2. Contains the Food Group of Companies, obtained in September 2019.
3. Emissions intensity measured as pounds of CO2e per case delivered.
4. ) Includes Smart Foodservice Warehouse Stores, acquired in April 2020.
About US Foods
US Foods is one of America’s excellent food companies and a major foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. Together with 70 broadline places and 80 cash and carry shops, US Foods supplies its customers with a wide and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill.. Visit www.usfoods.com to find out more.
Director of Media Relations